Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where to go?

So after a great start to the blogging process, I really hit a snag last week. Not wanting to blog just for the sake of blogging really left me without much to talk about. I had the time, & searched my mind, but it ended up being one of the most normal, uneventful weeks around this house in quite some time--which is really strange considering it was Amaria's Spring Break, so she was home all week.

One thing that we have been discussing is what to do for fun this summer. We don't have any big plans, but have a few ideas of little things to do. The problem is, I don't know if we are going to have time to squeeze all of them in. So, I am asking for your input/advice keeping in mind we are traveling with a 5 year old & a 6 month old. What are your experiences & recommendations on the following list:

1.) A trip down to Concan & maybe a little Frio floating. We have done this trip multiple times before, with some great friends & family--once back when Amaria was little. We had a blast every time. We haven't been recently, due to lack of water, more than anything, but would really love to go back.

2.) Schlitterbahn--When I was growing up, the family used to take a 2-3 day trip out to Schlitterbahn, rent a room right there at the resort, & play in the water non-stop. I'm thinking Cambree would be easy because she could ride with either Heidi or myself. Our big question is would Amaria be okay.

3.) Camping in the Palo Duro Canyon with a trip to Groom. I think this is definitely something we want to do. Amaria keeps wanting to go camping, & I don't know of a prettier place to go than up to Palo Duro--& when you throw in the trip to see the 2nd largest cross in the Western Hemisphere, I just don't see how we could top it.

4.) Sea World. With the Fun Pass, I think it's something we are going to do, it's just a matter of how many times. Amaria has been going to Sea World since she was 2, & I don't want to stop taking her there now. The big question on this is, would you give up one of the above for a trip to Sea World.

Your advice on this would be greatly appreciated, & if your family was planning some of the same trips, it may be a great opportunity for us to get together. Please let us know if y'all have the same plans.

Aggie basketball is over, so the week should be so much less stressful...make it a great one. God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. I get two votes...one for me, one for Tom.
    1) FRIO!!! AND TAKE US WITH YOU!!! Water or not, we'll have a blast...as long as we don't go shooting fireworks into the neighbor's yard.
    2) Sea World! (Cause it's over here with us and again...take us with you!!)
    Just my two cents, for what it's worth. :-)

    ReplyDelete