Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dinner is so much fun

So I decide to take the fam out for a nice dinner tonight...they have half price sushi at this Japanese place down the road. Whenever we go out to eat, especially with the car seat, we prefer a booth. It makes it easier to keep Amaria pinned in, & it keeps Cambree from being knocked off a chair or sitting out in the middle of the restaurant in one of those car seat holders. So Heidi & I decide to split forces...she takes Cambree & I take Amaria.

Well, we order Amaria some pan-fried gyoza & Heidi & I load up on a wide variety of sushi....a few pieces of which have caviar on them. Of course, me being the eat anything dad that I am, I ask Amaria if she would like to try the little black things. She agrees & goes on & on about how good it is. Then I tell her they're fish eggs. I thought she was going to hold her breath until she passed out, but then she calmly asks, "So are there baby fish inside?" I explain that there aren't & she continues to chow down on caviar.

But that wasn't even the best part. We are finishing up eating & Amaria slides all the way down the booth, up against the wall, as far away from me as she can. She then pats the seat & says, "Come sit over here, Daddy." So I slide on over, put my arm around her, & ask, "Yes?" She replies with the sweetest, most sincere eyes, "So how was your day at the office? I want to hear all about it!" Fortunately, for her, it was a good day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment