Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner with Amaria

Getting Amaria to eat is like pulling teeth....speaking of teeth, Cambree has her first tooth coming in. Poor Heidi didn't sleep at all last night.

Anyway, Amaria was wanting a cookie after supper tonight, but as always the stipulation was, "You have to eat a good supper." Well, of course, after 3-4 bites, she was full & wanted a cookie.

Me: "No, that's not happening. You hardly even ate."

Amaria: "OK....how many more bites do I have to eat?"

Me: "17"

Amaria: "OH NO WAY. That would never happen...it would be morning by the time I ate that much."

Laughter breaks out between Heidi & I. She knows she has us.

Amaria: "I would die sitting here at this table trying to eat that much."

A lot more laugher.

Amaria: "I would definitely be a grown up by the time I got done."

We have compromised & agreed on 10 more bites for a cookie. During the time it took me to type this, we have reached 1 bite. I'll update at midnight.

Thanks for reading & God bless!

1 comment: