Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amaria the Nazi

In the spirit of Seinfeld & The Soup Nazi, we constantly refer to Amaria & each other as some sort of Nazi. If I don't change a light bulb as soon as it goes out, Amaria is all over me--she has been dubbed the Light Nazi. If I wake up in the morning--even though I may still be laying in bed--but I haven't brushed my teeth, Amaria will let me know that I have bad breath--she has been dubbed the Toothbrush Nazi. And don't even try to wear something that doesn't match--Amaria The Fashion Nazi will let you know.

So we've been using this stuff for a while now & never really thought twice about it. But, she stores that kind of stuff in her mind forever. So today, on the way home from church, Amaria starts on Heidi about Heidi needing to get her haircut. After a few minutes of going back & forth on the need, or lack of a need, for a haircut, Heidi finally dubbed Amaria The Haircut Nazi.

Amaria's curiosity finally got the best of her. "What's a Nazi?" she firmly asked.

Heidi went through an explanation of how a Nazi is someone who is always trying to dictate different things & control people, usually without having any authority to do so, etc.

After the brief explanation, Amaria's response convinced us that she understood. "Yep, I'm a Nazi!"

I hope this story doesn't get retold by Amaria to anyone else. I can only imagine how she would tell it, but more importantly, I don't know how we're going to be able to explain this one!

Thanks for reading, & God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment